The West Guilford Shopping Centre. herein referred to as “WGSC” is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and recognizes the need of people with whom we do business such as our clients, customers, vendors, contractors and employees for the appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information that you agree to provide to us.
Our Privacy Management Plan includes guidelines on the collection, storage, use and retention of your Personal Information as follows:
- Collection: WGSC collects personal information about individuals (clients, suppliers, employees, etc) in order to better manage its business. The organization will make all reasonable efforts to fully inform such individuals about the planned use/disclosure. The organization will limit the collection and use of personal information to that required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.
- Accuracy: WGSC will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate and complete. Individuals providing personal information will have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information, and on written request by an individual to whom the information relates, the organization will modify the information as required.
- Storage: WGSC will store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of the personal information.
- Retention: WGSC will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. This period may be related to legislation other than PIPEDA such as Employment Standards or Revenue Canada.
- Disclosure: WGSC will not disclose personal information unnecessarily to employees or any third party, unless the affected individual consents.
- a lawyer representing WGSC
- collect a debt owed to WGSC by the individual or client
- comply with a subpoena, a warrant or an order made by a court or other body with appropriate jurisdiction;
- a law enforcement agency in the process of a civil or criminal investigation;
- a government agency or department requesting the information; or,
- as required by law.
- PIPEDA permits WGSC to transfer personal information to a third party, without the individual's knowledge or consent, if the transfer is simply for processing purposes and the third party only uses the information for the purposes for which it was transferred. WGSC will ensure, by contract or other means, that the third party protects the information and uses it only for the purposes for which it was transferred.
- Access: WGSC promotes an individual's right of access to personal information about themselves. WGSC will provide access to information upon request. Access will be provided according to established procedures. Note: access to a record may be subject to the payment of any fee required according to WGSCWGSC policy.
In addition to the care that WGSC takes directly, we are also working with all of our partner organizations that may at some point handle personal information gathered by us in the course of their relationship with and service to us. Each third party partner has agreed to meet our standards of privacy, confidentiality and security.
All Employees and third party staff who handle or manage Personal Information have acknowledged and agreed to adhere to our Privacy Code and the procedures that support that code.
Chief Privacy Officer: Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1116 Kennisis Lake Road
West Guilford, Ontario
Canada, K0M 2S0
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada Email address: www.privcom.gc.ca.
112 Kent Street, Ottawa,
Ontario K1A 1H3
Copyright 2012 West Guilford Shopping Centre 970340 Ontario Inc. Site Managed and Designed by KRS Multimedia Solutions Inc.